04 June 2008

Triathlon?

Tonight I went for a four mile run with my sister and my brother-in-law. I made it through the whole thing, so I was pretty impressed with the bit of running ability that I must still have somehow. So why did I put myself through this heatwave-inducing action?
I came up with this great idea that I want to do a triathlon this summer. I've always wanted to do one, they sound like fun, and they're great achievements. I randomly decided that I wanted to make this summer the one that I do a lot of active things, and not just with biking - bike races seem so long to me somehow. I want to spice things up a bit and do a triathlon, it's a lot more of a personal thing. You don't have to worry about being dropped by the pack or anything like that.
Anyways, there's a local triathlon at the end of the month and I'm going to try and get ready by that time. And if I like that there's another one a few weeks later just south of me. I'm really excited and I think that with how tonight's run went, I'll be able to make it through training to get ready for my first triathlon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment