30 August 2011

Back in é Chi

After a whirlwind weekend of packing, driving, unpacking, repacking, driving, and unpacking, I'm back in Chicago and starting classes. What a rush! I am just trying to hang on! I've unpacked most of my stuff, but still have plenty to go - it's difficult to find a place for everything, but it's coming along.

Jazz Band was my first class, I went there directly after I got the keys to my apartment. Talk about cutting things close. It's astounding how great a mood that class puts me in - I went in tired, but came out exhilarated. And fully aware that I need to do some practicing and get my lip back up to par. Ah well. It was expected.

I'm enjoying a cool morning here in the apartment, just trying to take care of everything I need to so that I don't forget. :) I'm already filling up my calendar with meetings and events. There's people I need to find, to meet with, to pay, et cetera. But so far things are relatively chill. No homework just yet! Well, I suppose there's that one paper... maybe that's due next week... maybe I should look into that...

It's another school year, my final semester, and I'm glad to be back among friends for one last hurrah before graduation. It should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment