17 September 2011

discovery.

Today I discovered the African Rhythms genre station on Pandora. I've been listening to it ever since.

The weather gompieno was calm and clear, just warm enough to be comfortable. I loved it. I did some of my reading outside, then worked inside on cleaning/tidying, and other homework. I prepared worksheets for the next Setswana lesson I'm giving: we'll be doing nouns, so that'll be a lot of fun, and probably overwhelming for my poor student. I hope I'm doing this well, but I suppose something is better than nothing, even if it's not perfect.

I was moderately productive today, but the general laxity of my homework load means that I have more time to do less work, so I can take it easy and take breaks and whatnot. Kind of nice. Friday I decided to give myself a real day off: I read the entire Alanna: The First Adventure in one day. I impressed myself.

Tomorrow I'm going to a Korean church - should be interesting. I'll also probably work some more on my Fulbright application. In the meantime, I applied for a 13-month position in Puerto Rico at a National Historic Site. That would be pretty cool, and I'm actually really hoping that I hear something back from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment