16 March 2014

Birthday Weekend Kick-off!

Well, it's another beautiful birthday, and my birthday weekend is off to a great start!

Jack came up late last night, and this morning wished me my first happy birthday of the day and gave me my first birthday kiss - because he didn't want anyone to beat him to it. Haha. I opened a package from my folks - a beautiful "African Watercolors" book that I think I will get lots of inspiration from in the weeks to come. I also got my camera that I ordered for myself for my birthday. It's one of those life-proof cameras I've been wanting for a few years now. I was playing around with it this morning: the operating system is totally different from my old camera, but I think I'll be able to get used to it with a little practice. This morning I was playing around with the panorama feature... a bit tricky, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Expect some photographs when I get a chance to get everything figured out between my computer and my camera. Then Jack gave me some pretty purple-flowered branches he'd picked for me on the drive up, and I was off to work!

Now I'm sitting in the kiosk, but I got some good news from my boss: today is one of the days when there's not full ranger coverage for the entire day, so I get to go home early! Jack is taking me to Eureka/Arcata for an evening of surprises (which he's currently up there setting up!) and then we'll be back here for St. Patrick's Day to cook up some good Irish grub, and Tuesday we'll be off to the Sinkyone Wilderness to do a little camping/hiking for a night or two. I've got Thursday off as well this week, so we'll have plenty of time to do some exploring and take our time. Somewhere in there I'll have to swing by the post office and pick up my mail - I know of at least three things that are supposed to be there for me! It's times like this I wish I had a p.o. box so I could check it on my schedule. Oh well. General Delivery is free, and I'm fine with free for right now.

So that's the plan - expect some pictures (on my new camera!) to follow!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hugs and Happy Happy Birthday to you, Jaclynn!

    ReplyDelete