29 April 2015

I'm alive!

I just realized that I haven't posted in almost month, so I thought I'd check in. The last few weeks have been very eventful. Jack's Aunt Sherry visited for a week, then it was Jack's last week home before leaving for the summer season. That proved to be a very eventful week - we got officially engaged, and I even have a hand-made-for-me-by-him ring to prove it! The following week I filled my first week alone in the house with Swift Water Rescue Training for work (we're going to lead kayak tours, so they were trying to get some of the staff certified), derby practice, and whatever else I could come across.

This week has been a roller coaster emotionally - without much on my plate (just derby practices and my usual group craft sessions) I have had a lot of alone time that has sent me up and down the depression/happiness scale. Yesterday I was pretty down in the dumps until I a) started creating by making a pair of Jack's old work pants into a skirt (it's almost done, I'll post pictures when I finish it) and b) opened my house to couchsurfers again. I was desperate for company, and literally within 15 minutes I had a request from a chick who looked right up my alley. We hung out in the evening and walked to the beach this morning. She just hit the road a little bit ago - I found it to be a very fulfilling hosting, and I think she likewise found it to be a fulfilling surfing experience. It definitely made my day.

I've gone to the beach twice this week, once for 3 hours, and once for an hour - that's plenty of earthing time in my bare feet! I feel so energized and alive after that, which makes me wonder why I don't earth more. That's one goal I should try to accomplish this summer: get into the habit of earthing every single day, instead of just once a week here and there.

Anyway, that's the update. Not terribly exciting, and no pictures right now, but hopefully I'll get some good garden shots in the future, and when I finish that skirt I'll hopefully get some good photos of that to put up. So...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment