13 June 2015

My! How my garden grows!

The weeds are all over the empty spaces, and I am learning to use a hoe to dig them up to the roots far faster than my fingers can. Thank goodness for mothers and their sound advice. This week I cleared out space and planted bean sprouts, swiss chard seeds, and carrot seeds... lots of carrot seeds. Jack LOVES carrots. Well, he loves juicing carrots... anyhow, I figured I'd give them a try. If they all come up, great, if only a few do, that's fine as well. I'm going to walk up to the Dutch Gardener today and see about buying some more starts - both of the squashes I bought from him and planted a couple weeks ago have blossomed and are growing little squashes on them now! Hooray!

I think the climate here is particularly suited to growing salads, as the kale and the cabbages are doing better than anything else.

Anyhow, here's some pictures I snapped on my phone this morning (I'd accidentally left my camera at work).
Arugula and Cilantro blossoms - I've been waiting for the seeds for two months now...

Cherry tomato and garlic.

Delicata Squash starting to develop! :)

Green cabbage - this one has two heads, what luck!

One of the four Russian Red Kale plants.

Peas! These are really taking off, but not using the trellis as much as I expected.

Beautiful red cabbage!

From left to right: Roma Tomato, Red Onions, and Black Prince Heirloom Tomato (I don't think that one has grown a bit since I planted it...)

Zucchini on the left and Hubbard Squash on the right. Both are starting to develop squashes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment