23 September 2018

Evening Ramble

I'm sitting in my car outside the library in Mi-Wuk waiting for an album of music to download onto my computer and figured I'd write something.

Autumn is here. It actually came last week, but don't tell the Equinox that.

Fall mornings of chilly air, my window thrown wide, the cool crisp of morning sheets next to the warmth of my night's cocoon. It's all so beautiful, all so poetic. Aspens are starting to go up in flames of yellow and amber, like a dying phoenix on its way to ashes and then a new life in spring.

I've been working out a lot lately. The goal is 2-3 times in the gym, 1-2 times outside, each week. This week I did 2 outside - a short walk in Yosemite, and a bike ride down to the very spot I'm sitting at right now to do a quick connect to the internet. My gym workouts are the same Viking Training Method workouts that I started doing last summer - or was it the winter before that? or the summer before that? Hard to say when. But I've been pushing myself to do the exercises with heavier weights than I've used before, and I'm toning up - tummy, thighs, even my forearms have a little ripple to them that wasn't there before.

The search is on for a winter rental. I've been looking for the better part of the month and have found nothing suitable yet, but I'm hopeful! Today I woke up with an urge to go to this church I had seen an event pop up for on Facebook a week ago. I've been so busy and have had very little desire to subject my shy self to meeting a bunch of new people this year, so I haven't started church shopping at all yet. But I talked myself into going today because I had this feeling. A lady invited me to come sit with her after I'd been in there a little while. She asked if I lived around here, and I answered "kind of, I'm actually looking for a rental right now." She sat up at this. "Oh, well I'm a realtor, and I just heard about a rental that might work for you." Serendipitous, no? Even if her contact doesn't work out, the fact that I even made that connection with her and was able to get in touch with a couple possible leads, all because of that feeling to go to that particular church on this particular day. It's just a reminder to always go with my gut, because someone's looking out for me.

Well, my download has finished, and I must return to my little piece of off-the-(internet-)grid. I need to put new shock cord in our tent poles (the elastic is totally gone out of them) so that I'll be ready for my trip to see Jack Wednesday night. He's coming out of the backcountry, and neither of us can hardly wait! It was a good season, but it's always good to be that one step closer to each other again. Anyway, I'm sure I'll have some good Sequoia-in-Autumn photographs to share afterwards.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment