27 August 2010

Simplifying...

I've been busy, but nothing too bad. I've moved into our 5-person apartment in Chicago, and I brought less than I have any other year, it seems. I have learned better this summer how to live simply, and I already have plans to send some things back home in some way or other. At least in October's fall break, if not sooner. Perhaps my brother may come visit me before then... we'll have to see. While home I had my great day of purging, and while I did not get through everything, as I had hoped, I managed to take out three boxes of yardsale/goodwill, two bags of trash, and one box of misc. trash & recycling. It was a good day. I got through two dressers (and pretty much emptied the one), the vanity, two boxes under the bed (which was the height of overwhelming, let me assure you), and some miscellaneous floor items. The room still needs a lot of work, and it almost feels like I've barely made a dent in it, but things are actually much better than they were, for sure. Our little apartment, while shockingly cluttered and unorganized at the moment, is making good headway, and the living room and kitchen, at least, are looking like actual living spaces. Bekah and my bedroom is coming along quite nicely, although both of us still have some work to do, and the decorating hasn't been more than considered as of yet. We've got today to arrange what is already here before Sarah moves in with the final haul, and Marlee comes back with my bowl chair, the coffee table top, and some other items. Today is to be filled with meetings and errands, and I hope to have a job by the end of it all. We shall see! Anyhow, I need to be getting off to just that. I have spent my morning finishing reading "The Hobbit" and deleting old internet accounts of various and sundry... Bekah is up now, so I think I'll get her to go to the Post Office with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment