01 September 2010

el primer de setiembre

Currently reading: Mind of the Raven
Classes are in full swing, more or less. The apartment is fairly moved-into and I am, for the most part, unpacked, although I do need to go through some things over the next few days. We have everything an apartment could need, minus a cheese grater. It has been terribly hot and sticky these last few days, but finally this morning things have broken a bit with a nice, lengthy rain. Still, the humidity index is pretty high. Little gifts from Bodie have been coming in the mail for the last two days, and I'm hoping for one more today: first an envelope with a 2011 calendar, a cd with pictures on it; then a box with some clothes of mine, the gift of an awesome compass and a book about how to use it; the next box should have the rest of the clothes that I left behind. I'm enjoying these little prizes, but I'm a bit more interested in the moment at that last shipment of textbooks that I'll hopefully be getting SOON. Cornerstone sign-ups went well, and the interest meeting is tomorrow night. I'm hoping for a good turnout - we'll see. I've pretty much figured out a good, varied work-out schedule for the semester, so I'll start putting that into action somewhat this week, but mostly next week because I'll be taking some of the exercise classes at Helwig (yoga, boot camp, and spin class) on some days, and those don't start 'til the seventh. But I'll start some of it this week. This semester is going to be pretty heavy on the reading, as most of my semesters here have been, what with being a history major and all.... but I'm hoping that my slightly increased reading speed from this summer will help me to get through things with perhaps a little less stress than the last couple semesters. Enough rambling for now, I suppose. Really, I'm just chipping some time. I miss Bodie - especially the weather, at the moment - but I am so bound to return next summer that it's not that bad: more like something to look forward to than to look back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment