19 June 2011

Week's End

The smell of fresh corn muffins is the undertone of the evening, with the extended Fellowship of the Ring playing on the telly. A rainy day, off and on, with kind winds blowing across our little peninsula, is coming to a close. The rough waters of Lake Michigan are capped with the blue-gray clouds of the northern twilight - a look that will last until at least 10 or so, when it will suddenly become dark in an instant.

Another week of work has gone by, and things have looked up slightly - though it's still going to be a long summer. My roommate and I are still trying to work things out. We came up with an aide in our miscommunication issues. Now if ever we start fighting and one (or both) of us doesn't understand why we're fighting and thinks it was a miscommunication, we say "panda" and the conversation ends because apparently there was some sort of a misunderstanding that occurred in our communication. I guess this is a good thing?

Anyway, we're watching the first disc of this movie tonight, and then tomorrow I don't know what we're going to do, except that Hannah suggested we go out for pasties. Not sure I can really afford that, but it's worth looking into, I figure. Else, I may go for a big bike ride tomorrow for kicks and giggles. Not sure where to, but I can always figure that out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment