25 January 2012

Truckin'

See anybody you recognize in there? This is what happens when you drive 13.5 hours in one day by yourself - you prop up your camera on the merry-go-round at Oz (which is in Kansas, in case you were wondering) and run to pose in a munchkin face-hole before the timer goes off.

I'm three days down on my four day driving adventure, across the country in the middle of winter, and so far God has blessed me with clear skies and clear roads. I've experienced very little traffic, no real car trouble, and somewhat decent gas prices (by today's standards anyways). And of course, the hospitality of friendly people, at my old stomping grounds in Chicago, at my roommate's house, at my sister's friend's house. Now I'm trying to stay awake long enough so that I can sleep to a decent hour before my last day of driving. I've got a good 6 hours ahead of me from Albuquerque to Camp Verde, and I'm getting pretty excited about pulling in and starting my job.

One more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment