09 October 2012

Home again...

... home again, jiggity jog!

It's been a whirlwind adventure, but I'm back home and unpacked enough that I found the time to upload pictures, which you can now find here. Hopefully it'll explain some of the photos from the teaser and put them in context for you, as well as give you some insight into the story of my trip. I tried to be as telling as possible with my captions! :) It was a great trip, I saw many beautiful things, but I am so glad to be back home finally.

It's been quite awhile - 9 months! You could have a baby in that time! My sister is about to! Any day now, really, which is one of the reasons why I wanted to get home so badly.

Now that I am home, things are moving pretty fast. I've finally returned Dad's car, and promptly started jumping through the hoops of buying a car for myself! I've got a silver Subaru Forester, stick shift (that's been fun...), that I've decided to call 'Suki'. Hopefully by the end of the week, or perhaps by the beginning of next week, I should have the keys officially. Of course, this means that I'm gonna have to start doing things like pay for insurance, but I'm kind of excited. I feel like owning my own car is very much a rite of passage that I was behind on until now. Woohoo!

I've also been busy with... you guessed it! Purging! I've been continuing this project that I started my senior year of high school, and I am making some definite progress. If you'll recall, the last major purge session saw me move from my old room into my brother's old room, which was much smaller and had a lot less storage space. In other words: I forced myself to have less by necessity of space. Well, then I finished college and moved back home and found that I had two lives of stuff that I was trying to fit into one life. Oops. I've had a somewhat similar experience coming back home again, but I'm fighting it. Even as I'm unpacking, I am busy sorting through my things, making room on my shelves (and then promptly filling them again). This time around I am being ruthless - my mantra is that if I haven't used it in five years (i.e. since I was in high school) there's no way I'm going to use it or need it or be incapable of purchasing a new one should the need arise. So chuck it. Or put it in the Goodwill box.

Of course, this doesn't mean that I've given up on getting more stuff altogether. I just got my name in a drawing for an ipad with the local Christian radio station! These are the things you can do when you're all alone in the house, just sorting your stuff and listening to the radio all day long!

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home! You left your beets and something else in our fridge. :) Hope you didn't miss them too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I knew about the beets. What was the something else?

      Delete
    2. I thought it was bread or muffins, but it's labeled some kind of soup?

      Delete
    3. Oh! Haha! Yeah, those were the cornbread muffins I made to eat for breakfasts. But they got squished... as you probably noticed. Oops.

      Delete