30 October 2012

New Nephew!


Woohoo! It's finally here! He's finally here! My sister had her baby this weekend. Cade Elliot was born early early early in the morning on 28 October, 8lb 13oz, a healthy baby boy. Garrett is getting used to the idea of being a big brother, and it's really sweet to see him trying to figure out ways to help the baby when he starts crying and fussing.

After the excitement of rushing up north to take care of Garrett while Nikki was still in the hospital, it seems very quiet at the homestead in Muskegon. Dad and I are here to take care of some things before going back up for the weekend. Dad is racing in the epic mountain biking challenge "The Iceman" in Traverse City/Kalkaska this Saturday, so he and I will drive up again on Thursday or Friday. I'll be driving separately so that I can stay with Nikki for a week or so and help her as she learns to cope with two dirty diapers at the same time! (In other words, my goal is to finish potty-training Garrett in 7 days.)

So, I'm an auntie again - and in the meantime, Garrett is starting to jibber-jabber and "auntie" is a word he's starting to say! Yay! Now if I could only get him to say "Auntie Jay" altogether-like... that'll be next week too. ;)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment