16 October 2013

A quarter of the way there!

Where? you might ask. A quarter of the way to finishing my fisherman's sweater!
The color is a little more golden than it looks in the picture, but that there is the back of my sweater! There's a few mistakes here and there, but nothing too terrible. I'll be starting the front once I get back out to the kiosk. Due to staff persons being sick and other random extenuating circumstances, I get to be in the kiosk all day today. Not my favorite thing to do (especially now that we've slowed down quite a bit), but it is good for making headway on big knitting projects! I've just got to do the front and two sleeves and the neck and then I'll be done - oh, and I have to sew it all together, of course. But it shouldn't be too bad. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get this project finished by the time I finish my season here. We'll see.

Two things I won't miss about Bodie when I leave: having people peeping in my house, and getting verbally abused by visitors with regards to the road (even after I tell them that I have nothing to do with the quality of the road, and that I have driven it far more times than they ever will). I'm starting to think that it's a human rights violation of some sort to keep it in such poor condition because of all the unearned flack we the kiosk workers get for it.

Anyway, time to start getting ready to face the penalty box for 5 more hours!

2 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I don't see any mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're mostly little ones on the back side, but wait 'til you see the front panel. I got distracted yesterday and missed an entire twist... and didn't catch it until I was two twists past it, or about 16 rows! I had already worked a group of stitches down and then up again because I'd accidentally done pearls and not knits, and it was below that, so I decided to just leave it, lest I make it look worse by trying to make it better. Oh well. Perfection is for God, right?

    ReplyDelete