29 October 2013

Closing Time

As of this time tomorrow, it'll be a wrap. The stamp mill will be closed, the kiosk cleared out, and the season completed for another year. I'm trying to get a start on packing today... and mostly failing. But I got a lot done - sent some important emails, wrote a few letters, made a few phone calls. I'm trying to pack a box to ship home and part of that is loading up all cds onto my computer so that I can send the physical ones back to Michigan to go in my piles of stuff. I stumbled upon one I hadn't even looked at yet that had some of Jenna's pictures from the season, and I thought I would post a few as a sort of recap.
One of my first shindigs back at Bodie - it snowed just after we got done grilling.




Bodie Clue - the theme party that I threw this year. This was way too much time right here, but so much fun at the end!
Part of the turn-out for the Bodie Clue night. Note the colored outfits.

Trailer Trash Party - Pretty sure this could be a calendar shot. I, of course, was a pregnant hick.

The most nerve-wracking 3 minutes of my season.

Another FOB Day shot - in case you're wondering, that's a bearded man in a dress and the district superintendent with me in the photo.

Running to my place for the cemetery tour on FOB night.

Maggie McRae looking for the unmarked grave of her brother.

3rd Annual Bodie Luau... and the return of the Shenanigan Glasses!!

Limbo Champion - two years running

Chillin' out at the Luau

Jack the Latchbarman
I did decent at my goals. I slipped up on the hiking majorly, but I did get a fair amount of yoga in. I successfully created a social life outside of Bodie, from going to church to driving over the mountains to see friends. I definitely got out a lot this year! As for my reading, I finished 12 books this year: 7 books and 5 audiobooks. As for my goal to get my student loans under $7000... that one is gonna have to be on hold. My car broke down a couple weeks back and I only got it back after over $2600 in repairs. So I won't be making that goal anytime soon, but it's still on the horizon. I'll be unemployed for a couple months or so, and hopefully as soon as I'm working again I can knock that goal off my list.

I might get in another quick entry before I head off into the great unknown with my car packed full and my plans in God's hands, but if I don't, it'll probably be mid-November before I post again.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures! Love seeing you in costume! Looks like you had a lot of fun times.

    ReplyDelete