22 December 2013

Doctors and Do-littles

My time at home has not been going as usual. The main reason? I've been busy going to doctors' appointments: dentist, optometrist, physical, blood work, sonograms... 9 appointments in all, and two more to go. This is the trouble with not coming home twice a year anymore. :P And with all these appointments and all this running around (with winter driving thrown in the mix) I get home and am completely wiped of my motivation. It's sad: my purge has only managed to produce one full waste basket and one full box for the local goodwill, and maybe just a couple pounds or so of recycled paper.

But I am making a little progress, I suppose, bit by bit. It doesn't help that my Christmas presents still need finishing. Tomorrow will be my first time experimenting with a dremel drill, and trying to finish up my presents, along with finishing purging in my dormer. Goodness knows I need that space to look more open and less like a collection of piles of clutter, and despite my lack of diligence it's already looking much better than when I arrived. I've got half my Christmas presents wrapped up and ready to go (and out of the way), so that helps with the clutter, too.

I had hoped to be doing more on the exercise front while I was at home, too. Particularly on the yoga and cross-country skiing fronts. Well, the latter hasn't happened due to lack of time (and, since our latest weather craze, lack of good snow), and the former hasn't happened because I'm medically not allowed to for the moment. I had a mole-type deal removed from my shoulder and I'm not allowed to do any crazy stretching for awhile per the doctor's orders, lest I pop my stitches. Not to mention it makes wearing a bra terribly uncomfortable.

But it's not all humbugs here. Things are getting done, and they will get done, eventually. I've gotten to spend lots of time with family: my sister and her to little boys, my brother and his wife, my cousin Jeanette. I finally finished my fisherman's sweater - pictures will come when I get a chance, I promise. At least, given that I've been wearing it every day since I finished it, it'll probably show up in pictures sooner rather than later. Christmas is just a few days away, and in one week I will hopefully be bringing Jack back from the train station to meet my folks and family. But there's a lot to be done before then, so I'd better get crackin'!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment