15 December 2013

Michigan

My hometown looks like a Christmas card. Every time I look out the window: it's all so perfectly snowy, little flakes zig-zagging about, trees silhouetted against a perpetually grey, cloudy sky. I've seen both of my siblings now, reintroduced myself to my nephews, shared meals with my parents, spent an evening at my grandma's house, greeted the neighbor boys, and went to church to check in with that extended family. This weekend was all about relaxing and spending time with my family; starting tomorrow, the real work begins.

What work?

Come on, do you really have to ask? I could only be talking about one thing:

The Purge.

It's been about 6 years now since I first started the Purge, and I have to say that I've made an amazing amount of progress. But there's still plenty of work to be done. My dresser smells like unattended cotton, my dormer is still full of junk, there's papers from my last two semesters that I haven't gone through yet, I have books in excess of what I will read, and there's an closet half-full with my college apartment-living items that needs a hard looking-over. Yes, I've got my work cut out for me. Between that and doctors visits, family functions, finalizing Christmas craft-presents, and hopefully getting together with a friend or two, or at least chatting on the phone with some, I'll definitely be keeping myself busy this week.

The weekend has been nice, but tomorrow: the work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment