09 February 2015

Pillow!

Ok, so today I finished my pillow, but first: a few pictures from the hike that Jack and I went on a couple weekends ago.
Looking south from the vista point.
Trailside flowers.
Turnaround point. 
Tiny little trailside flower. 
Weatherworn survey marker above the tide pools.
Looking out from that point.
Rock tunnel (under where the marker was). 
Looking north at the vista point.
Elk on the way home. 
They were crossing the road, so I figured I might as well take a photo. :)
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... my pillowcase!
Pillow in action on the couch. 
Backside of pillow - I ended up getting a titch underlapped on my overlap but it'll work. 
Pillow and me! :)
So there you have it. That pillow whipped up mighty quick. I quilted most of it at the Methodist Church craft group and they asked if I'd make one (or two) for their craft bazaar. Why not? So it looks like I may be slated to make at least one more of these (hopefully doing a better job), which is exciting. For those who are curious, it's an 18"x18" feather pillow - picked it up at a thrift store for $3 and nixed the case that was on it. (That was Jack's idea - very smart, saved me at least $5 if not more...) The pillow forms they've ordered for the bazaar are 16"ers, so I think I'll be able to fix that little glitch with the back not overlapping enough when I make everything a little smaller (and thus have more fabric leftover for that part).

Now if only we could get a real couch...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment