05 May 2011

5 more days!

This morning I did probably my second-to-last load of hand-washing. Glorious. When I take in the (hopefully) sun-dried clothes tonight, I'm going to go through them and pick out which I'm going to wear for my last four days. Technically I'll only be picking three, since on Tuesday I'm going to be wearing my traveling clothes and I've already got those all picked out.

It really dawned on me today how little time I have left, and how close and how real my homecoming is. I'm getting so excited to see everyone again! And I'm starting to say goodbye to all my friends here. It's hard, but knowing that I've got so much to look forward to back home is helpful.

My next little adventure is in the Upper Peninsula, and then I'll be finishing out my last semester of college. And what happens after that? Well, everything is still up in the air, but I have decided to go with the urging of my advisor and other professors and apply for a Fullbright ETA. I've been debating this for some time, and I've realized that I don't want to do it necessarily for the reasons that my professors want me to - but I would like to go on another adventure, and the description sounds interesting. That is, the description of the said position in Turkey - that's right, who knows where I'll go next!? I just can't be stopped! :) So, soon-ish I'm going to have to start working on the application for that, and other preparations, like taking Turkish lessons. Which means that I'd be working on language number 4! Outrageous!

Well, that little teaser aside, I think I'm going to call it a day in the blogger world. I've got preparations to do for my exams tomorrow: History in the morning, Ecology in the evening. Then tomorrow night Chimo will be plaiting my hair. Saturday morning I get to learn how to make phaphata!!!! Sunday will be my last time attending Setswana mass, Monday will be my last day to do laundry, and Tuesday I'm going to leave! Eish!!!

1 comment: