31 May 2011

On to the next adventure

The hours are counting down until I leave for my next big adventure. I was going to leave tomorrow, actually, but Dad still has to change the oil in my car, so I'm going to take my time packing and leave on Thursday. But really, I'm ready to go. I've got nothing else on my to-do list that absolutely has to be done before I leave, aside from packing. And that I could easily have done tonight. But I'll let tomorrow see it's share of packing and preparations. I'll at least take the opportunity to play around with the cleats on my clip-in pedals and see if I can't get those to "fit" properly.

Thursday morning I'm gonna leave on my first big solo road trip, as it were. I'll be driving all the way up to the Upper Peninsula, moving into my new apartment, and getting the lay of the land before I start my job on Monday. I'll be biking out my commute route and figuring out how that works. I'll be going to the post office and setting up my P.O. box for the summer. I'll be visiting my grandma's friends and letting them teach me about the area. I'll be locating the local library and getting a library card (if the collection seems good!). I'll be checking out the rundown of local churches, service times, and locations. In general, I'll be doing all the things a good citizen would do as they establish themselves in a new town.

I'm really excited for this job. I hope that it goes as well as my last ghost town job went. I'm looking forward to the time alone I'll have up there for thinking and whatnot. Hopefully things'll clean up and organize as well in my mental upstairs this summer as they have in my physical upstairs over the past couple weeks! I've got so much to ponder up there - so much has happened over the last year - and I really just need to sort it all out and see where I go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment