02 May 2011

Beginning of the end...

My exams start this week. Tomorrow, to be exact. I've got Setswana, then Afro-Caribbean Lit, and History and Ecology on Friday. Then Friday night it'll all be over with, and I'll be relaxing in a chair while Chimo plaits my hair.

I'm busy with exam preparations for History: a show of how we didn't ever really learn anything in that class: I have to do research to have any idea on how to answer the questions in the exam. How bizarre. I'm going to be glad to be done with that one, for sure.

This morning we went to Choppies and I bought some dry goods to take the taste of Bots home with me. 1 kg of instant sorghum porridge (I would have gotten sorghum meal and cooked it myself, but the smallest they had was 2.5 kg, and I thought that was a little much!). 2 kg of dried samp and beans - one of which will be opened during my little spree in Chicago so that my friends can enjoy some samp and beans in the midst of exams. :)

My future roommate signed the lease on our apartment for the summer up in Garden, MI. It'll be a cute little place, and I don't think it'll be that bad. Apparently we're right across the street from the beach! She's going to send me pictures soon, so that'll be nice. I'm kind of excited to have my first real apartment. It's like I'm growing up! I'm looking forward to this summer: I think it'll be a good growing experience for me, and I'm sure that being up there in all the trees and lakeshore and whatnot that I love, it'll give me a lot of time to think and be at peace about transitioning back to the U.S. and preparing myself for my final semester of college.

My life is careening towards the end of the current chapter, everything picking up speed as it goes. Pretty soon I'm sure I'll reach maximum velocity. End of study abroad. End of summer. End of semester. End of school. Wow. I wonder what the next chapter will bring and where it will take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment