16 December 2011

Springboard

All set. Ready to go.

A day's work has turned my sprawled life into tight boxes. The dishes are done, the floors are all vacuumed, my paper is handed in, my tests are taken, and in my closet hangs a billowy black robe with blue and gold hood and four sets of cords. Next to it is a blue mosese wa letoitshe, a dress in the traditional Botswana style, with traditional springbok sandals not too far off.

Contacts or glasses? That's the biggest question on my mind right now.

I'm waiting for my family to arrive. I'm waiting to get dressed. I'm waiting to process and to recess through clapping faculty. Just as I entered this college world I shall leave it: with clapping faculty in funny costumes all around.

We'll be up late tonight, I fear. Tomorrow morning: eat out, load up, check out, drive up. Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment