12 September 2013

Disconnect

It's funny how much we take modern technology for granted. Example? Our internet has been virtually non-functional for the majority of the day for the last three or four days. That means little to no email, no new knitting pattern downloads, and definitely no phone calls for me. Yuck. I'm just glad I downloaded all those yoga podcasts last week, at least I'm set on that front for awhile. When you prepare yourself for a disconnect like that, it's liberating. When it's forced upon you, it seems stifling.

But there's a much more positive disconnect coming up: the final pieces have finally fallen into place so that I can take an 11-day vacation at the end of this month (including several days of PAID vacation!)! Hooray! I'm not going to lie, it's been very difficult for me the first part of this month, and I think that the next month and a half will be as well. I'm just not accustomed to staying in one place this long, and some days the incessantly repetitive questions just about drive me up the roof! That's why this vacation is going to be so nice - a chance to disconnect, really remove myself from the place a bit, before I lock in for the long haul of my last three or four weeks in Bodie. I'll be returning to Sequoia to visit Alyssa, then going up to San Francisco to visit Betty, attend the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, and visit Uncle Paul and Aunt Barbara (hopefully with a day of sailing, if the weather cooperates!).

When all is said and done, I'll have spent 11 days traveling around and visiting, and hopefully that'll whet my appetite enough for me to settle into my final weeks at Bodie. And if that's not enough, I've got someone interested in paying me an extended visit during those final weeks as well. But that's not 'til after I get back. For now, I've got roughly two weeks and a day before I leave on my vacation.

I can hardly wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment