07 September 2013

Engage

Keeping busy, that's what engaging is. I've been keeping busy, alright.

This past week I've been doing yoga every morning, went on a 3 mile hike on two of my three days off, and with the exception of my opening shift I started each work day (after my morning yoga) with a 1.5 mile hike on the EPA trail with coworkers. I'm a bit sore, but I'm already starting to feel pretty darn great from the routine.

I've also been hard at work knitting - turning little bits of leftover yarn into washcloths! I've got two different cloths knit up now, and I'll be starting a third this weekend, and have plans to make at least two more after that. It all depends on how far the yarn goes.

The smoke came in again this afternoon. We'd been without it for several days, but I guess our luck ran out. I think I might be sleeping on the floor again tonight.

I whipped up a plum and white peach pie earlier this week, and had it for supper on two separate occasions. It turned out really well, for not having a recipe, and everyone who had a piece made sure to tell me that they liked it.

I finally found a cribbage partner! It turns out that Alex knows how to play, and we've gotten together twice this week, each of us winning one game on both occasions. He's a darn good pegger, though, and it's not easy to squeak out my wins by any means.

Another thing I've started doing this week is oil pulling. I talked about it awhile back, but now I've started doing it every morning, and I think I can actually see a difference in the color of my teeth already! Basically, I take a teaspoon of coconut oil and swish it around in my mouth for 5-10 minutes, then spit it out and brush my teeth. I am also about to finish my baking soda and fluoride toothpaste and swap it out for a fluoride free, baking soda toothpaste (Tom's brand) that I bought at Trader Joe's when I was in Fresno. So hopefully I'll continue to see improvements in my teeth over the weeks and months to come.

Other than that, not much is happening here. It's slowed down, and I don't have much to look forward to until the end of the month. Hence all the engaging in activities to fill my days right now. But it's working: so far this week went by pretty quickly. Now I just have to do that a few more times and I'll be on my next little vacation! :)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment