19 December 2014

The Recoil of Respiratory Illness

Fever, runny nose, cough, runny nose, cough, fever, pharmaceuticals, semi-runny nose, pointless cough.

That's my last two weeks in summary. Yuck.

Now I'm starting to feel better, and am trying to make up for lost time - this being the week before we go down to SoCal for the holidays and I was going to do all sorts of things to get ready for that... yeah, now I'm trying to narrow that down to just the most important things. ::sigh::

On the top of the list is my latest knitting project: I'm trying to finish the beautiful "Delphyne" thigh high socks pattern in time to wear for he holidays. We leave on Tuesday next week, so I've got just a few more days to make this happen. My goal was to get down to the point where I just need to make the feet (turn the heel, close the toe, and everything in between). If I'm diligent today (and I hope to feel well enough to go to my knitting group, so that will help) I will be able to achieve that goal and be one day ahead of the game. We'll see.

Aside from that, not much has happened. Being sick means that I've literally just been sitting on my butt and watching the grass grow. Yesterday, with the nicer weather, and pharmaceuticals helping me feel better, I managed to get the front and side lawn (the easiest part) mowed before pooping out.

I'm looking forward to feeling 100% again, as well as the upcoming holidays.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment