19 August 2015

It's here!

$14,705...

Starting in summer 2012...

Finishing by August 2015...

Technically within 3 years...

The goal was 4 years...

And now the day is finally here...

That's right: today I made the final pay-off amount for my student loans! Yippee!!

I probably would've gotten this done sooner if it weren't for the life circumstances that came up and consumed by savings, keeping me from making those end-of-season chunk payments like I'd hoped. But another life circumstance did come along to help: Jack wanted to help me pay off my student loans so I would be out of debt (he doesn't have any debt himself) and we could just move forward financially. He made a $600 payment on my account over the winter, and now (as you can see) he made another $600 payment this summer. With that, I was left with $634.69, plus interest. I had just got a little chunk from my separating from the state, so I figured: why not? Why not just pay it all off right now and be done with it!?

No reason.

So this morning I scheduled the final payment. From here on out, I get to start saving my money again.

Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip, hooray!

Until next time!

1 comment: