17 December 2007

Double Day

So today I'm working on finishing up my application for North Park University. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all done by tonight. And with these thoughts in mind, I came home from school today and found a Calvin College admissions envelope on the kitchen table. I opened it up, and I found a two-page letter all about my acceptance and how amazing my academic record was and how I had contributed so much already through my mission trips to Mexico and helping with VBS at my church, and that I would fit right in there.
Darnitall. I was really hoping I would hear from North Park before I ever heard back from Calvin. Oh well. I'm still going to apply to North Park, and hopefully they'll take less time than the anxious month it took Calvin to reply. My sister says to make sure I look at the whole financial package each school can offer me before signing on for either one. So far it looks like North Park would be cheaper. Of course, it's not all about the money, but that helps when trying to convince the 'rents. In fact, I think I pretty much won over my dad with that tidbit. My mom is going to be the hard one, I'll have to work on her, hopefully she'll let me go to whichever one I end up picking - and hopefully she won't make me feel guilty about it when I do decide.
Well, got to go!

~Jaclynn

No comments:

Post a Comment