18 December 2007

Shopping

For those who know me, I'm not much of a shopper to begin with.
Christmas shopping - you might as well chain me to a chair and force me to watch the same episode of Teletubbies for twelve hours.
It's like pulling nose hairs.
It's like stubbing your toe five times in one morning.
It's like your mic getting turned up, right when you do a totally wrong note.
Needless to say, I don't like it.
I have a real hard time picking things out for everyone who isn't my sister. Funny, because I think I've lived with her the least in all my 18 years. But my mom is semi-tricky to shop for, my dad and my brother never give me any ideas, and I'm left to my own defenses when it comes to anybody else I might do presents for.
The only easy thing is that I always only get everyone one present.
Did you know that in France it's the quality of the presents, not the quantity, that makes people happy?
How did we get so mixed up in America?
Well, I got everybody done except for Michael today. Hopefully I can find something for my brother before the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment