22 December 2010

Fantastic news!

This morning as I was lying in bed we got a phone call. When I came downstairs for breakfast my mom greeted me with fantastic news: my dad got called back to work! He'll start back on the 3rd of January, which means he'll have to hurry back home to bed after dropping me off at the O'Hare airport on the 2nd, but I don't think I'll mind too much. It's not like I don't know what to do with myself in Chicago... The only catch is that health insurance won't start again until I'm en route to Botswana, so it won't be much help in getting malaria pills for any out-of-city travel that I do while I'm there. But I figure that's a small price to pay in the long-run. What a blessing that my dad can go back to work, and what a blessing that he got to spend this summer visiting my sister, his sister, myself in Bodie, getting work done around the house, around Grandma's house, and at church, being able to donate so much of his time and skills for others, and being able to spend all this Christmas with his new grandson Garrett - all without taking any time off or using any vacation time.

God is good. All the time.

1 comment: