31 December 2010

Nearly packed

I've been at work, but not hard at work - I've actually been relaxing most of the time. But nevertheless, I am pretty much done packing. I'm on target for package weight, and things are looking pretty good. It's hard to believe that in just a few days I will be leaving for Botswana. I think the weirdest part is the realization that I'll be gone for such a large chunk of time. It will be about a month and a half longer than the time I spent in Bodie, and I highly doubt that anyone is going to come and visit me this time around. :) But other than a bought of nervous disbelief, I'm rather excited to be leaving soon and I really can't wait. The weather here has been helpful: it warmed up and even got all rainy today. Perhaps it's not as warm as it will be when I get there, but it's rather warm for winter, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment