26 March 2011

And the rain goes on...

This morning is a very rainy Sunday morning, and I'm debating whether or not I will go to church. While I'll feel somewhat guilty, I think I'm going to end up staying in my room and listening to one of those CRC podcasts that I have: I just don't feel like walking to church in the rain, nor do I feel like paying a taxi to take me there. If it stops raining right at 9:30... ah, we'll see, but since I wasn't terribly productive yesterday I kind of want to make up for it today. I'm feeling like I could get a lot more work done this morning, and I've got a couple things due on Monday that I haven't gotten around to yet. Plus there's plenty of research that I need to read up on for my English course as well as my Children's Traditions and Dramatics course.

Setswana mass is nice, don't get me wrong. I really enjoy going there. But I can't say that I get a whole lot out of it spiritually, considering that I can only skim the surface of the meaning of the sermons and the songs. I think that a week off to listen to a sermon I can understand, and do some of my own Bible reading and praying, would probably be a good thing for me. So I think church is on my own today. Perhaps I'll make it out to the refectory and get some phaphata and grape juice to give myself communion, since I haven't been able to take it the whole time I've been here. (I don't really like communion rules, but they have to be respected when you're visiting churches, that's just how things are in our broken world.)

So, I'm going to get ready for my day now, because I think that wearing clothes you would wear outside the house is helpful in making you more productive. And this can't be a repeat of yesterday where I don't brush my teeth until after 11....

4 comments:

  1. That is true, clothes do help. :) What did you end up doing instead of church yesterday? There's a gem of a guy outside screaming at the moment. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day: I listened to a bunch of uplifting Christian music, a really good sermon I had on podcast from some church in Canada, another amazing sermon from Pastor Judy in February about how the full range of emotions is healthy and it's okay to be sad about loss. I read my Bible, I gave myself communion with phaphata and grape juice, and I cleaned my closet.
    Who is the gem of a guy and what makes him a gem when he's screaming? I didn't quite understand that last comment... ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was just a random tidbit of campus goings-on. :)

    ReplyDelete