19 June 2012

Friend+unity

friendunity: (friend-u-ni-ty) the coming together of a group of friends to share life together, for however short a time.

This weekend I had a mini-vacation: I drove to Reno, flew to Kansas, and got to see Drew and Holly get married. But not only that, I got to see all my college friends again (with the exception of my Spoo), in the same place, enjoying each others' company and quirks. Some would say I spent a lot of money to get out there for the short weekend, but I'd say you can't put a price on what I got to experience.

You see, we're all graduated now, pretty much, and we're all going our separate ways. When I had graduated, everyone else was still together in Chicago, so I could take some solace in that. Now, however, we're all like chaff on the wind - who knows where we'll go!? True, some of us are still in Chicago, but others are in Washington, Kansas, California, Minnesota, etc. The only lucky ones who get to be together for certain now are Drew and Holly.

I suppose this was the first of many reunions to come. I hope the next one ain't too far off. Rumor has it we might already be planning one for next spring... Washington in April, anybody?

~Jaclynn

No comments:

Post a Comment