19 July 2012

There's a snake under my house.

It's been a bit since my last update, so I decided that today would be as good a day as any. I just got done giving my second living history tour as Jack Workman, Irish latch bar man for the Standard Consolidated Mining and Milling Co. It's a pretty fun tour, though I'm definitely still working the kinks out of it. My first one was rockin', but this one was only so-so - I felt like my flow was a bit off. Regardless, when I got done, Helene informed me that a rattlesnake had been seen going under my house. Yay. But I suppose I can't complain (as long as it doesn't come inside) because it'll probably help keep the mice down.

In other news, this morning was absolutely beautiful. Water-logged clouds painted the sky a gorgeous grey-blue as storms swept over the Eastern Sierra. The temperature is down to a good 62 degrees and I am reveling in getting to wear layers again. I love the cold! Someone made the joke the other day that we were two weeks away from winter here, and it would seem he was a bit gracious in his estimation of when it would come! But no, I don't think this cold will stick around any more than the ridiculous heat that we had a couple weeks ago. But I'm happy to be heating up some defrosted homemade minestrone for lunch today. :)

Things are just rolling along right now. I might be going to Virginia City this weekend, so perhaps there'll be more on that to come.

1 comment:

  1. Oh fun a snake in the house..shall I sent my friend Tim that you met the night when we went to MiCasitas with him and his wife? He's the local snake relocator in my neighborhood. LOL

    Hope I get to meet Jack Workman when I up there in a few weeks! I heard he was a real swell guy and I know that he has a fantastic Irish accent ;-) Cecile

    ReplyDelete