16 September 2012

2 weeks!

It's official: I am REALLY excited to be going home. That being said, I've got a lot to do in the next couple weeks. I have to return anything I've borrowed and get back anything I've loaned. I have to write out the directions and get my route planned a bit better so I know more or less exactly where I'll be going. I have to figure out what I need to camp while moving, and somehow find a way to pack it accessibly. And I have to actually pack up all my things and squeeze them into my little car once more. Only this time, I actually have accumulated a few things, so that might be a little bit tricky. We'll see if I can find a way to donate some of that stuff.

I've got to clean out the stuff I use to put oil in my car, because it's gotten to the point of pretty darn messy and I just don't want to deal with that anymore. Luckily, my uncle convinced me to wash and clean out my car while I was at their place, so I don't have to worry about doing that. But I do have to check my fluid levels, pump up my tires with the proper air pressure, put those ceiling tacks in where my upholstered ceiling is starting to sag, and probably purchase a little thing of gas (because I can fit that in my car!) since I've been having issues with it running out on me before it should. Or I could just wing it which, since I'm cheap, is probably what I'll do. I'll just have to be much more anal about putting gas in my car. Perhaps I should look up the gas stations along my route too... that would probably be smart.

I have to balance my checkbook and, while I'm at it, call my card company and let them know that I will be traveling so they don't leave me stranded by cutting off my account or anything crazy like that. I have to patch my camelbak because it got a hairpin hole in it and it leaks when I set my bag down. I have to finish reading the library books that I have - and strategically pack the ones that I will want to have on hand for reading during my journey. I'll have to do my laundry one last time and be sure to not get anything unnecessarily dirty. I have to finish the perishables in my fridge as much as possible, and also plan snacks/meals and pack accordingly for while I'm on the road.

There's so much to do in the next couple weeks, and yet, now that I know I'm leaving in two weeks, I just want to leave now! I'm just so excited! And now the wait (and the work) begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment