23 November 2012

Blessed!

In case you haven't already heard, there is reason for rejoicing in my household this Thanksgiving.

On Monday I received the call: I got the Big Bend job! Woohoo! I am so excited: my first legitimate National Parks position!

I'll be starting on the 13th of January, so I've got about a month and a half or so to prepare, pack, and plan my way across the country. We'll see how it all unfolds!

So, that's the good news. We had a relatively small Thanksgiving yesterday, and Nikki and her family are staying with us through tomorrow, so that's nice. Last night we watched "Miracle on 34th Street" (the 90's version), and tonight we're supposed to watch "White Christmas" so Nikki can get her fix, since she doesn't have a VHS player up north.

We've got some relatives (my grandpa Workman's brother) coming over to meet baby Cade and Garrett, and I've got my second chiropractor appointment today. I'm not sure if we're planning anything else, but I wouldn't be surprised if a little hike happened at some point.



P.S. - Mom made a coconut cream pie for the first time yesterday and I have to say, it was definitely one of the greater dessert discoveries of my time. Yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment