14 November 2012

Not your average Wednesday

Today's been surprisingly busy until now, and there's plenty to come in the evening as well.

Just for information's sake: I had to leave Traverse City (and my nephews and sister and brother-in-law) behind a little earlier than planned because I came down with a cold hardcore and didn't want to get anyone else sick, so now I'm back home in Muskegon again, but things are far from boring.

This morning I had an interview for that part-time Park Attendant position at Pigeon Creek Lodge south of Grand Haven. It went really well, so well, in fact, that I was given a contingent job offer at the end of the interview! So, now the ball starts rolling on becoming an Ottawa County employee (background check, standard training, etc.), and if the snow is good this year, I'll hopefully be putting in a good 12-20 hours of fun-filled work each week - not to mention probably going skiing every day after work!

After the interview, it was back north to home, but on the way I stopped at Mike and Tiffany's to borrow Mike's hammock. The reason? Call me crazy, but I've been thinking a lot lately about sleeping in a hammock full-time, and I wanted to try out the old hammock stand my grandma had in her garage and see if the dimensions were right, or what dimensions would be right for a good hammock stand. After catching the last half of the Price Is Right and eating a lunch of trail mix and yogurt, I went outside to test my equipment. Didn't go over so well - Grandma's stand was far too small, but I think it's smaller than a regular stand these days anyhow. However, I did hang the hammock in between posts on our swingset and took measurements so that I now have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for size-wise.

In the middle of that, I received a call from Big Bend: the interview process is (finally) ready to move forward and I will be getting a call either tomorrow or Friday for my Spanish interview. Eek! I'm excited/nervous/anxious/thrilled. I hope I do well, and I hope that my cough and congestion continues to clear up so that I can hear and speak well when I do get the call.

So I just got a job offer, but there's a chance I'll end up turning it down if I nail this next interview.

This evening, it's the fellowship dinner at church, and then my first time attending my Yeshi Yoga class in three weeks. Hopefully it goes well. Looking for something interesting to watch? I saw PBS is doing an interesting segment on Ducks tonight at 8pm Eastern.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment