19 November 2012

Waiting...

I'm stuck in the house today, waiting for the phone call that will tell me whether or not I got the job at Big Bend. Knowing my luck, it'll happen in the evening and I'll wish I had spent my day being a bit more productive. Oh well.

Since coming home from up north with a horrendous cold, I have not been entirely inactive - although chair-sitting was my sole past-time for a few days. For instance, in the midst of my cold, I went over to Mike & Tiffany's to help my sister-in-law tan a deer hide.
Yep. That's right. I'm wearing the poncho because we were in the basement with the windows open to keep it from stinking. Luckily, I had a real nose-full, so there wasn't much of a chance that I could smell it.

I've also been hard at work on my quilt, which is nearly complete: all I have to do is tack down the binding, do some minor embroidery, and I'm done! Very exciting. I think it's safe to say that I'll have completed this epic in just less than one year. Woohoo! I'll post a picture (or more) of it when I get it completed.

I'm also busy making a wedding gift for my study-abroad friend Kourtney, who I just found out is getting married in December! Obviously, I won't post any pictures until after she receives the gift - don't want to ruin the surprise!

My dear friend Erin Cooke came over to visit with me this weekend, and we enjoyed a hike to the beach, a gorgeous sunset, burgers on the grill with my folks, and then she enjoyed watching me watch the Hunger Games movie for the first time. I forgot how much I love watching movies with her: we literally talk our way through anything remotely worth commenting on in the movies, which is so much more fun, and helps it all to make sense (especially since she's read the books and I haven't).

On top of all that, I am halfway through the final book of the King Raven Trilogy, and I can hardly wait to find out how it's going to end! But I'd better get reading - I've got a slew of tiny house books on request at the library to peruse before I go anywhere!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's the Robin Hood series by Stephen Lawhead right? I just finished that a little while ago...so good!
    Also, you should read the Hunger Games books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished it now - very good ending! I was really wondering how they were going to get out of it... I'll see if I can try to track down the Hunger Games while I'm at Big Bend. I just got done listening to The Lightning Thief on audiobook, and I've got The Golden Compass and The Subtle Knife on audiobook to listen to as well - a casted recording! I love it when they do that!

    ReplyDelete