12 February 2013

Productivity:

At last: my home is complete.

The weekend has been somewhat full, and yet I've had a lot of relaxation, too. I hitched an early-morning ride to Castolon and rode my bike from there to the main road, about 23.5 miles, and thoroughly pooped myself for the rest of my Monday. The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping, washing linens, visiting with friends, napping, and putting up the eye-hooks for my hammock. Last night I spent at least an hour star-gazing on my back patio, nestled in my hammock with a couple blankets on top. So cozy! Once it starts to get warmer at night I might try sleeping out here... we'll see.

Yesterday, in case you were wondering, marked one month since I moved into this house. Of course, that meant that today I had to clean it. I borrowed a broom and swept every room of the house. I cleaned the bathroom, dusted all the surfaces, tidied up my bedroom... you get the idea. I'm also hosting the SCA interns at my house for supper tonight, so I made the innards of a coconut cream pie this morning, and am preparing to get (my favorite!) orange chicken underway here pretty soon. Since I was in such a cooking craze, I decided to make scotch eggs that I can heat up for breakfast for the next five days. That'll be nice! Tonight, we're having supper and then playing Settlers of Catan (which I haven't played in ages!) - hopefully it'll be a good night.

No news yet on the crossing or the fate of my position. I don't know that I'm very good at waiting for things with no set deadline...

No comments:

Post a Comment