16 March 2013

Happy Birthday!

It's another fantasmargonical birthday (and surrounding birthday weekend) here in Big Bend. I treated myself with a big hike patrol today: Ore Terminal Trail, approximately 8 miles. I don't have anything in particular setup for tonight, but I've certainly been busy this week already, and there's plenty of plans for the days to come.

Doug and Ginny arrived on Tuesday, and I was able to enjoy their company through yesterday morning. Thursday night, in honor of their visit, I threw together a potluck (which even got attendance from PJ peeps!) that she and I could play background music for - it was loads of fun! Doug and Ginny got to meet Daisy and Steve and they all hit it off quite well, I think. Afterwards, Alyssa and I rode with the PJ posse to the hot springs and soaked for awhile before she and I hiked back home. 'Twas a very late night, but I didn't look at the clock because she's intent on a theory of not fixating on the time when you're out late so that you get better sleep. I'm not sure if it worked or not... I slept soundly, but I was still quite tired the next morning.

Monday will be my first day off and will include the official birthday weekend events. Currently, the idea is to ride bikes from PJ to Chisos Basin Lodge and eat up there before riding back down, inviting everyone to join (for the meal, at least, if not the biking) for a fun time. Monday evening, the St. Patrick's Day Porch Party (which I got the ball rolling on by putting the bug in Pops' ear) will occur and I have every intention of putting on my green dress and thoroughly enjoying myself.

So that's what's on the agenda. We'll see how it all pans out, but when it's my birthday weekend, you know it's going to be fun! :)

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday hugs to you! Wish I could celebrate with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie!
    Happy Belated Birthday Dear!
    Your mom shared your blog with us and I have enjoyed looking at it.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Stay Warm! (It's still cold here!)
    Much Love,
    Lynda and Jerry

    ReplyDelete