11 March 2013

Let the countdown begin!

That's right: it's 5 days to my birthday!!

I'm not quite sure what I'll be doing to celebrate yet this year, but I'm sure it'll be something fun!

It's been another typical week down here in the Big Bend, filled with hot springs, hiking, and cycling. I've officially reached 100+ miles of hiking and 250+ miles of bicycling since I got here! Still no word on whether or not the crossing will open, although there's rumors flying around that it might happen soon. But I wouldn't believe it until I see it, if I were you.

In much more exciting news: my foster parents from the U.P., Doug and Ginny Smith, are planning a sudden visit! Due to the snow, they've decided to take the southern route home from the Baja Peninsula and will hopefully be here later in the week! What a pleasant surprise! Hopefully we'll get an informal jam session going on down here because it's been awhile since I've gotten to play with someone else, and most of my friends down here haven't really seen/heard me play/sing at all, so I think it'd be loads of fun.

My parents are talking about possibly coming down for a visit sometime in the relatively near future as well, so we'll see how that pans out.

All-in-all, things are going well, I'm learning how to survive the 90* weather before we amp it up to the 100* stuff, and my house is going to get a good cleaning today because I've officially been here for another month. So, lots of exciting stuff - so much so that I think I ought to take a nap now...
Photo Credit: Mike Coe

No comments:

Post a Comment