22 March 2013

Shake up, shake out

I've got two weeks. Apparently I kicked the hornet's nest with my little ultimatum dealio and now I've been stung. That is, they decided that they might as well not keep me around if I'm not planning on sticking around. My position is being terminated. This next pay period is going to be my last. I'm done on the 6th.

Sudden? Yes. Shocking? Just a bit. Bad? Bittersweet. I just have to do in two weeks now what I was planning on doing in four, which includes wrapping things up here and heading out to Bodie (and everywhere in between, because I can't start there until probably mid-May!). Did I mention that my folks are visiting this coming week? That means that I really have to do all of this is one week. Ah!

I guess I'm alright with it. After all, I'm running out of things to do, everyone knows that my job is a joke right now, and it's getting hotter and hotter each day.

I'm not really sure where I'm going to go at this point. Pretty much everything west of here is open to me, it's just a matter of how much driving I feel like doing and how well I can live off what I've got in the bank right now. I'm really going to be living up the vagabond life for the next several weeks! And somewhere along the way I have to pick up a trailer...

Things are about to get interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Well, if anyone can do it, you can. :) I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah. This will definitely put those nomadic skills I've been honing to the test!

      Delete