30 June 2013

Feeding the voracious knitter in me...

Today's a day that I'm trying to get some things done. Well, sort of.

This morning I got up, ate a toasted bread heel with homemade grape jelly, and opened the County Barn, threw down my ground blanket, rolled out my yoga mat, and started doing Son Salutations, then went into a whole self-created, whatever-I-could-come-up-with, spur-of-the-moment routine that lasted about a half hour or so. I'd been thinking for quite some time now that the county barn, with its cool air and doors wide-open to the morning sun, would be a great place to do some morning yoga. And I was right. Until the fire awareness meeting started and a half dozen of my coworkers were all standing outside at the barn's fire hydrant, watching me.

I finished knitting a tank top a couple weeks ago now, but I had a bit more yarn leftover than I expected, and I wanted to try and take the top apart and lengthen it a bit. But if you know me, you know how much I detest frogging (or tinking, as the case may be) - even if it means that I will like the end product more for my efforts. Well, in putting this off, I started looking at other shirt patterns on Ravelry, and then suddenly I was inspired to do something that I'd meant to do quite some time ago: I listed my own, self-designed pattern - dubbed the "Whitefish Headband" - for sale on ravelry. The pattern costs $3.50 and it's all ready to be downloaded by eager knitters. We'll see if I get any bites... lol.

In doing that, I was suddenly inspired to create another pattern. So I've now ordered more yarn not for a pattern I found but for a pattern that is working itself out in my head and on the sketchpad for a sort of tunic tank top. When I finish it, not only will I (hopefully) have a nice new shirt to wear, but I will have a pattern that others might be interested in which I could sell on Ravelry to make a few extra bucks. I've decided to call my store "Nomadic Knitwear" and I'm going to design patterns inspired by the different places that I've been. Let the entrepreneuriality begin.

1 comment:

  1. Can you post a picture of your knitted tank top? I'd like to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete