11 April 2014

10...9...8...!

It's the final countdown! Tomorrow will be day one of ten remaining work days! Yippee! The weather here is just starting to be pleasant - sunny and mid-70s daily, gorgeous foggy mornings where misty hillsides are punctured by pine minarets. There are cyclists riding up and down the Avenue all day long, and I've ventured out among them - even after work on some days, thanks to the longer daylight hours.
I've got seventeen days before I leave, and I'm starting to get stoked for the summer. My tasks now are often related to end-of-season things: the big food inventory, taking care of to-do list items that are long overdue, a little minor purging of my things, etc. I've also been hard at work in the crafting department. I knit and embroidered a pair of slippers the other day; I took an old pair of much-loved work pants and after much snipping and hand-sewing I turned them into a beautiful pleated skirt (see both in the above photos); I even sat down at work and made a crosshatch ink sketch - something I haven't done since high school.
I've got way too much time on my hands! :)
Jack will be making his last appearance this weekend before he goes to work on the 21st. He'll be taking the piano down with him, but I have to admit that I haven't played it much since he gave me my banjo ukulele, so that's not such a big deal. It'll be there for me when I want it next winter. :) Well, I'd better get back to work...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment