27 April 2014

Into the Unknown

That's right folks, today's the day!

I got my car all packed and parked next to my kiosk, ready to go after work. I would say that this is one of the worst packing jobs I've ever done as far as visibility goes, but I did manage to get everything in and packed around my car, too. A couple things I wish I hadn't decided to keep once I got going, like my lamp or Jack's little charcoal grill... but I managed, and I've still got at least some room to spare... sort of. But it's raining, so it's good for the bike to be inside. Maybe if the weather looks good when I get to Sequoia I'll take the bike out and reorganize, but for now it's good enough how it is.

I'm currently at the beginning of my day, 1 hour down out of 10, nine more hours to go until I hit the road! Then it'll be a short 3 hour drive to Aunt Barbara and Uncle Paul's. Unfortunately, they're not going to be there this evening, but they'll show up sometime tomorrow. Jaz has offered to help me with trimming my hair while I'm there... hopefully that goes well!

From there it's off to visit my friend Matt, the couchsurfer who stayed with me a few days when I lived in Texas. He was on his way to culinary school in Napa, where he still is today, and I've been meaning to visit him ever since. Well, this week's the week! I'm not sure what we'll be up to, yet, but I look forward to hanging out with him again.

Next it'll be my cousin Amanda and her family (and their new house) for a brief overnight. We'll catch up and I'll get the house tour and then I'll be off the next day for...

SEQUOIA!!!

With only a brief stop in Fresno to pick up some grocery supplies, I'll be headed to Sequoia to be with Jack before my season starts. Alyssa will be arriving the following week, so it'll be good to kick it with her, too. I move into my house on the 17th and start work on the 18th! From here on out, internet is going to pretty touch-and-go... I'm guessing I won't do another blog post until I've started working, but we'll see. Please refer to the post a couple posts back where I gave you my mailing address - that'll be the best way to reach me for the next four or five months!

Well, I think that's all for now. Take care, everybody, and keep in touch!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment