02 April 2014

24 days and counting!

That's right, I have a mere 24 days remaining here in Humboldt. I don't think I'll miss it. I was remarking to Jack how I've been here for two months now and haven't managed to make a single friend. Very lonely time. I'll be glad to be in Lodgepole in May, living amongst several other seasonals who will want to do things outside of work. I get excited just thinking about it.
Charlotte
This weekend I made it out for a little road trip to my aunt and uncle's in the Bodega Bay area. My cousin Lyric's little girls were visiting, and it was my cousin Nolan's birthday, so there was plenty going on while I was there! As much as I love playing with her girls, I was reminded that I'm glad I'm not a mother yet. They require a lot of energy and a LOT of patience, especially when they're not being very agreeable. Although even then you can still have some fun - I taught the younger one, Charlotte, to say, "I am very demanding" when she was being just that, and I had to laugh when I got her to say it. The girls remind me a lot of me as a kid, though - they're wild, imaginative, very particular about what they will wear, and would always prefer to run around the house (and the beach) with their clothes off.
Zoie
Now I'm back up north, getting my laundry done before I start another week of "work". I've only got 14.5 more work days remaining, with one half day off for a doctor's appointment and one day off for Jack's last visit up north before his season starts on the 21st. I think the time is going to go by very fast now: next weekend I'll hang out, the following weekend Jack will visit, then the next weekend I'll hang out again, and the weekend after that I'll be loading up my car and moving out! Where will I be heading after that? Eh, we'll see. I'm in no rush to plan by little venture, except to say that by the 3rd of May I'd like to be in Sequoia for Jack's weekend. This next season, the visiting tables will be turned. We'll see if I can even the score for all the hours of travel Jack had to put in these past few months!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment