19 April 2014

Sevens.

That's right: I'm down to my last full week here! Ok, so it's a little more, if you include today and my last day of work. But since today is almost through and my last day is the day I'll be leaving, I'm not going to count them. :)

Why sevens and not seven? Because I am also officially under the $7,000 mark in paying back my student loans! Hooray! If all goes well, I'll be under $5,000 by the end of the summer season! Long-term, I'd like to be under $4,000 by the end of 2014 - that's my goal! Then I'll be roughly 3/4 of the way through paying them off, and that would be right on target for finishing them off next year! Yay!

I'm starting to work on figuring out my goals for the summer season. My biggest goal this summer is to save money, obviously. I've got Iceland to save for, along with my usual pre-winter savings build-up. So I'm going to try to limit spending and travel during the season to help with that. I think another goal, on the side, is going to be reading through my whole box of books. I tote a box of books around with me and some of them I've had in there for over a year but haven't gotten around to reading them for some reason. I at least want to get through the old timers and send them on to the next interested reader so that when I go to Michigan in the winter I'll be able to get a new selection to drag around with me.

Preparations for my next Big Move are underway. I've been making a few last-minute purchases, gathering, finishing, sorting, and soon I'll be purging, burning, packing, and throwing out. This week will be busy! I have managed to get my new address set up so I can forward my mail starting this week. So if you're going to send me anything, from here on out, please send it to:

Jaclynn Workman
P.O. Box 20
Sequoia National Park, CA 93262

If all goes well, that should get to me. I'll be in there on the first weekend of May getting the box all finalized, but I should be able to receive things at it starting yesterday.

And now for the big finish: I know you want to see a few pictures from Jack's last visit. We went up to Oregon for a day, and I brought my camera along to practice taking pictures, so here's a few of the shots I got.
The Campsite (that big open space in the background on the right is the ocean)

Lighthouse

+ Coastline

+ Really Big Beach

= One Gorgeous View (Can you find the twinkle of the lighthouse?)

Arch rock at sea.

Double Jack. (Jack gave me that hat and made/cross-stitched/sewed the headband himself!)


 Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment