03 November 2014

Catching up! part 1 of 3

Phew! I've fallen into a black hole of business this past month - endless hours and miles on the road, events, visits, house hunting, and now I'm finally settling in for the winter! Yippee! Jack and I got a cute little two-bedroom rental in Crescent City, a town I am fast falling in love with, and between unpacking and church shopping and looking for furniture on the craigslist free section, it's finally setting in that I'm home for the winter. And, oh, I haven't updated my blog in AGES. Sorry, faithful readers, for all the empty space this summer. I'll probably more than make up for it in the months to come! :) For now, I'm going to try to catch up over the next few days so we're all up to pace again...

The end of the season meant lots more buck sightings, and deer sightings in general.

This tiny mother and her two fawns were very interested in Jack's... uh... liquid salt deposit. ;)

Looking into the Mineral King Valley from Timber Gap

Moonrise over Mineral King Valley

I drove 80-year-old SNHA employee and adventurer Maxine up to Mineral King for a day, where she befriended the deer.

I don't think they saw her at all, but from my angle they appeared to be right next to her.

Autumn brought cool, damp clouds.
Those are just a few pictures from my last few weeks in Sequoia. My next post will be pictures from our visit to the ocean after the season wrapped up!

No comments:

Post a Comment