21 November 2014

It's raining...

... but my Amazon order came in early, so I had something to keep me busy tonight: a tuning hammer for the symbalei that Jack bought. That is, a zither/lap harp/autoharp... whatever you wanna call it. It says (in Cyrillic) "symbalei" on the box, so that's what I'm gonna call it. I guess cymbala is the more standard Americanization of the word. Anyhow, I tuned it up to the key of G, and two passes on all the strings later it sounded like a veritable musical scale. I played through all the sheet music that came with it - attempting to pronounce the titles before each one. What a fun little instrument!

Today was rather productive. I slept in, yes, but then I spent a couple hours looking for jobs, did a really intense yoga workout, showered, did the dishes, worked on tidying up the place (a never-ending battle, it would seem), went to a fiber crafts group at the Episcopal Church, tuned and practiced my cymbala, and now I updated my blog!

Still, time to make some supper for myself (Jack is going easy on the food while he's getting into the swing of exercising everyday at the gym again), do more dishes, bake granola (I've been meaning to for a couple days now), maybe make some homemade mascara (or at least try), read, start some bread dough with my sourdough starter that's about to overflow out of its container, and who knows what other fun things!

Tomorrow we're going to the Arcata farmers' market, followed by a visit to a friend's house to make them dinner while they recuperate after a surgery, and we'll probably spend the night there and head back the next morning. Should be a nice weekend. However, will probably get in the way of my church shopping... oh well. At least I found a church with an evening service that I might check out on Sunday!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment