24 September 2010

It's official!

I have officially been accepted to the University of Botswana for next semester!!!!! I'm super-excited, and now busy with filling out paperwork, et cetera. Hopefully I can keep on top of things: in the last week I have given the wrong dates to my current boss, nearly double-booked myself for a meeting, and accidently scheduled my new job for when I have class (luckily class is cancelled that day, so I'll be able to sit in until something else gets figured out). This weekend I am in Project 24, which will perform tomorrow, and then I'll spend all Sunday doing my homework, which will include lots of reading + the writing of a paper that's due next Thursday. I'm going to bed soon because I'm trying not to get a cold. In two weekends the Nordic Play Festival (or whatever the official title is) will be going on, and I will be involved as much as possible; that's also the weekend of the Concert Band concert for special-ed kids and their families; and the weekend of the Falling Whistles event that I'm trying to plan to host on campus. It's going to be another crazy weekend. And in the meantime, I'm working a security job, a tutoring job, offering to work at whatever else comes up, trying to do homework, have a social life, go to African Student Club meetings at 10 o'clock on Wednesday nights and sleep enough to function in my 8am lab the next morning.

Something's got to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment