08 January 2013

Halfway? More or less.

I'm overnighting in Kansas City, Kansas with my friends Drew and Holly. It's always so much fun to stay with them, catch up, and generally laugh it up and have a good time. So far my trip has been fairly uneventful. The worst things that have happened to me while driving have been a triple-bird flip from an obnoxious car full of teenage boys, some minor windshield chinks from passing a semi, and a Check Engine light that wouldn't go away after I stalled my car in a Rest Area parking lot.

Chlöe, my Christmas cactus, is doing quite well so far on this travel. She hardly seems stressed at all! I think this bodes well. My car has been getting pretty good gas mileage on the highway, and this is encouraging for my life in general, since living in the middle of nowhere pretty much involves only highway driving.

The weather has been perfect - today it was actually too warm to wear my coat outside. With my layover day, I was able to get to a Trader Joe's and pick up some grocery essentials, as well as find an auto store that could check and turn off my Check Engine light. As I thought, it was related to my stall, and now that it's been turned off, it will hopefully not come on again.

I don't think we've got anything special planned for tonight, but whatever we do, I'm sure it will be fun. Tomorrow I'm driving to Arlington, TX, to stay with my great Uncle Pete and Aunt Melinda. I've been informed that she already has a menu picked out, so I'd better arrive in time for supper!

There's a good chance I won't be having internet for the next few days, or even the next week or so, because I probably won't be able to get it set up at my house right away. However, I will most likely have access to email at my workplace, so hopefully they'll give me a moment to check if anyone tries to get a hold of me. Once things get set up, I should be able to post pictures of my new home on here, as well as a mailing address, and the phone number ya'll will be able to reach me at.

Until then, please continue to pray for me: for safe travels, for restful sleep, and that God is preparing a place for me at my new job and a Christian community of some shape or form that will help encourage me in the weeks and months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment